Tuesday, January 25, 2011

TWD- Chocolatety, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake

I have a confession.
I don't own a bundt pan.
I've been baking since I was a kid and I don't have a bundt pan. I have a tube pan, which we got for our wedding. I use it maybe once a year for angel food cake. 
I had two bundts to make last week. I should've bought one. But I borrowed.
This week's TWD is for a nutty, chocolatey bundt with raisins (what? EW!). I just made a chocolatey one. The cake is layered with a cinnamon/sugar/chocolate swirl- one in the middle, and one at the bottom (top?).
Dorie says in her recipe not to worry if the mixture on the bottom isn't completely covered with batter.
But you should worry.
That's what happened when I unmolded mine. A pile of filling. However, I didn't have any problem with the cake sticking, like some others did.
I thought this cake was mostly good. I added a 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the cake batter. There was a little too much cinnamon for my tastes- if you omit the nuts, maybe cut back on the cinnamon to one teaspoon. I would also omit the salt in the filling altogether.
Jennifer has the recipe!!

3 comments:

  1. I would have omitted the raisins, too. Looks good! Your cakes in your header look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! No Bundt pan?! The horror! :) just kidding... but you might want to put it on your birthday, holiday, anniversary, it's tuesdays list of gift ideas! :) - mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. No raisins here either! :) Your cake looks perfect even with the pile of filling!

    ReplyDelete