Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TWD- Almond Poppy Seed Muffins

Poppy seeds always remind me of that "Seinfeld" episode where Elaine fails a drug test because she eats a poppy seed muffin. I always wondered if that would really happen. Because I would be in trouble. I love poppy seeds. Poppy seed bread, poppy seed salad dressings... yum.
I made Almond Poppy Seed muffins for this week's TWD because we love (especially my husband) almond poppy seed instead of lemon. I omitted the lemon and zest and added one and a half teaspoons of almond extract.
The texture seemed off on mine- they were a little less fluffy and almost more biscuit-y. I would definitely make these again, but decrease the baking time a little. Head here for the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. They were a bit more dry than I had expected, but still good. Next time, extra lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Seinfeld episodes tend to stick with me too! Those muffins looks delicious, sure wish we got poppy seeds here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine were biscuity too! But still delicious! I am sure these would be fantastic with almond in them!

    ReplyDelete