Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TWD- Cocoa-nana Bread

I've been wanting to make this recipe for a while. I love banana bread, and at first glance, I didn't think banana and chocolate was such a weird combination.
Plenty of people did, however. Banana splits? Chocolate-covered bananas? It's not that out-there. This banana bread is heavy on the chocolate (1 cup cocoa plus chocolate chips) and fairly light on the banana (only 2 mashed)
The bread is very moist and chocolatey.
I have to side with the combo-haters on this one, though. It isn't very good. Banana bread? Good! Chocolate bread? GOOD! Chocolate banana bread? Not so much. I would eat this whole loaf myself if it was just the chocolate. I might have to try that...
Go here for the recipe!

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I was not crazy about the combo of flavors. I didn't hate it but it just didn't do anything for me! Your bread looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I liked it, but everyone is different, and that's a good thing. I agree about just a whole loaf of chocolate bread, though. That'd be so insanely good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks great, but I have to agree with your review. Chocolate? Yes. Bananas.? Yes. Together in this bread. Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread does look great! I liked the bread a lot, but agree it could either be all chocolate or boost up the banana. I could barely taste the banana. Not a prob for me, since I LOVE chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you didn't like it, but it really looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were so-so with this recipe. I felt like I needed to make too many changes to make it really good.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, now I'm craving chocolate bread. :) And I totally agree with you--the banana/chocolate combo is good, but this bread was not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you didn't like this, but it looks delicious! Maybe you could make the same thing with a stronger banana flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad you didn't like it. I wasn't a big fan either, but my co-workers loved it!

    ReplyDelete