Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'll be honest here. I've never been someone who really gets into Valentine's Day. Sure, I loved making mailboxes in elementary school and giving valentines to my classmates (and I did save the best valentine in the box for the cute boy). This Valentine's day might hold the most excitement for me because my 5 year old told me tonight that she's going to get up in the morning and put something special on my nightstand that she made in school. She also said with a totally serious face, "sorry, mom, I didn't make blue hydrangeas or marzipan at school for you," (my two favorite things).
To help me get into the spirit of things a little, I baked up some goodies. Some heart sugar cookies (recipe here):
An owl/heart cake for Elizabeth, who turned 1. The cake is red velvet with cream cheese buttercream (very Valentinesy): 
And lastly, some heart cake pops- red velvet, of course!
I am looking forward to spending the day with my family, being outside and eating yummy food. But who needs a holiday to do that? 

2 comments:

  1. I love your owl cake - it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cookies!! Very nicely done. Belated Happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete