Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chocolate Banana Muffins

Ok, so I've had a few overripe bananas in our house. I blame my husband who will only eat bananas if they're just so- which leaves about a 2 day window that he'll eat them. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com- I'm pretty much loving the recipe spinner on the iPhone app!
This recipe is quick- I halved it and made a couple changes. The muffins are moist and really yummy. One of my new faves!

Chocolate Banana Bread
adapted from allrecipes.com
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder
1/2 cup lite sour cream
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two standard size muffin tins.

In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yum. I do that with bananas too, I absolutely will not eat bananas that have blackened even a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm not very good at adapting recipes so hope you might be able to advise me...
    I work for a brewery and we make a Banana Bread Beer. I'd love to be able to incorporate it into a cupcake recipe, but I don't know what I would need to use less/more of to mkae sure the cakes still worked. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!
    Thanks,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete