Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chocolate Fudge Cake with Vanilla Buttercream and Chocolate Ganache

I actually posted this cake as my very first post on the blog almost 4 years ago. It's my absolute favorite, but I haven't made it in forever. I made it a couple weeks ago for a friend's birthday and fell in love with it all over again.
A moist, fudgey chocolate cake covered in vanilla buttercream:
Then drenched in chocolate ganache:
Gorgeous. And so yummy.
This is what is happening outside the zoom:
My four year old is like those Japanese people who make peace signs in every picture. She likes to hold up how old she is in every picture. Must be the Japanese in her.
This is a picture of a slice the next day- we had gone out to dinner and I didn't want to seem tacky by taking a picture while we were singing Happy Birthday and serving it up in a restaurant. Please believe me that this cake is A.MAZE.ING.
The recipe is here.

4 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! No wonder it's your favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of this NOW!! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you, because this cake looks amazing! (And your daughter is cracking me up.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks so so good. Your daughter is hilarious :P

    ReplyDelete