I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. My family loves chocolate chip cookies. 90% of the time when cookies are made at my house, they're chocolate chip. The other 10% of the time they're TWD. This is the first time I've made a different chocolate chip cookie than my absolute favorite. Dorie describes these as thin, crispy on the edges and chewy in the center. That is not the description of my ideal cookie. But they came out exactly as described. The first batch spread, and the edges were darker than I prefer, but they had to keep cooking because the centers were too gooey (even for my taste).
The second and third batches were the same.
Hmm. Not the chunky, chewy thick kind I like.
After I baked them, I looked through the P&Q and this thin, flat cookie was the general consensus. My husband really liked these. Fresh from the oven with milk, they were yummy. Surprisingly, they were good the next day- the crispy edges had softened up and were just thin and chewy. Better. Head to Kait's blog for the recipe!