Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm sure you all have your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but someone asked me for mine so here it is:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/4 c brown sugar
1 1/4 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 c cake flour (I omit this and use 4 1/8 c all purpose flour)
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl between additions. Add vanilla and mix well. Add flour mixture and mix slowly just until combined. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips with a large spoon (I suppose you could add nuts at this stage as well, but you won't find that in my cookies!). Drop by the spponful on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 7-8 minutes (we like our cookies chewy and soft; bake longer if you like them crispy). Cool on pans for 2 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. By far the best CC recipe I have ever tried. I am constantly fighting cookies that look like pancakes with chocolate chips in them. These came out perfect. THANK YOU for sharing - I will always use this recipe from now on.

    ReplyDelete