Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TWD- Peanuttiest Blondies

After this cake last weekend, I wasn't much in the mood for running to the store for the things I didn't have for this recipe- non-natural (unnatural?) peanut butter and peanuts. Dorie says not to use natural peanut butter, but I did and it was really good. These blondies are great- the texture reminded more of a bar cookie than blondies/brownies, though. And my baking time was about half of what the recipe calls for. I loved the addition of cinnamon in these!
Bakeologie had the recipe!

7 comments:

  1. You rebel...using the natural pb! :o) Glad that they turned out tasty. I was surprised by the cinnamon, too. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used natural PB as well and mine were still super delish! Yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't notice the flavor of the cinnamon in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow half the baking time? i was thinking maybe mine were just a few minutes overbaked but maybe it was a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking pretty tempting. It's fun to change up a recipe and see what will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What delicious looking treats. Peanut butter and chocolate always work for me. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours look really tasty. We loved these. Next time I will put pecans in mine though. I could not taste the cinnamon in mine.

    ReplyDelete