Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm Back!

My family went to Solvang, CA for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. If you've never been there, you should take a trip. It's the Danish capital of the United States (what that means, I'm not sure) and is filled with wonderful bakeries, restaurants, museums and shops. The highlight of our week was the Farmer's Market which was not big, but AMAZING. The best berries, peaches and nectarines I've ever tasted. My taste buds have been spoiled and no fruit will ever be the same.
Blue hydrangeas are my favorite flower. Aren't these beautiful?!!
Then there was this. People kept telling us we had to try them and we saw someone walking around with it on the street. It's called an Aebleskiver and is kind of like a round pancake/doughnut thing covered in raspberry jam and powdered sugar. It was pretty wonderful, but I was jealous of the people I saw who got it with ice cream!
And we made it back without me going into labor! TWD Vanilla Ice Cream coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like a fun trip. I haven't been to Solvang in ages. I need to go again.

    ReplyDelete