Monday, March 9, 2009

TWD- Vanilla Cup Custard

Finally back to TWD- I'm staying home with my kids full time now (yay!) but somehow I have a lot less time than I did when I was working. How's that?
Anyway, this week was a custard chosen by
Bridget. After reading the P&Q, I wasn't sure about making it- EVERYONE said it was eggy and not the greatest. But since I didn't make last week's prune cake, and I had already made the week's before toffee bars, I decided to make this. Dis
A
Point
Ed
Eggy? yes.
Flavorful? No
Some people said it was similar to flan, but I didn't really think so. I was hoping to pass this off as tonight's Family Night treat, but I guess I'll have to come up with something else!Check out Bridget's blog for the recipe (if you still want to! :) )!

13 comments:

  1. Well....your pictures look good! :) I haven't had the time or the energy for this one. next week though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't know you, I can actually hearing saying that you were "dis-a-poin-ted!" I skipped this week, and I am thinking it was a good move. Sorry it was a bomb and I hope you find something tasty to eat tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may skip this week, too. I thought I was going to make it, but I don't know...
    Anyway, congrats on staying at home with the kiddos. I know it is harder than working outside the home. I have been trying to adjust for almost 2 years now! It has been an experience, and not always pleasant, but I am grateful to be here when they need me and I do not have to be stressed at work not knowing what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you didn't like it...maybe next week will be more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, this one was a bit blah. the texture did remind me of flan, but without the caramel, it's just boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was yuck-o-rama. Your pics are great though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Sorry you weren't a fan! I hope next week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos - too bad the custard was a disappointment to you. Ah well, there's always next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not one of the better ones. Little low on flavor, but I kind of liked the subtleness of the lemon. But then, I like custard. Pics look good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're able to stay home with the kiddos and make them yummy treats! Sorry this one didn't qualify! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your custard looks good - too bad it was disappointing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way of saying it - I think most of us were dis-a-poin-ted.

    ReplyDelete