Monday, November 3, 2008

My weekend- Pokemon Cake (cake 1 of 3)

For Gabe's 16th birthday, his mom asked me to make a Pokemon cake with "any of the first 150 characters." Since I had no idea what Pokemon was except for the yellow guy, I was nervous. Luckily, Wikipedia has Pokemon information galore and I was able to pick a handful that hopefully would be in the same environment together. The cake is covered in fondant and the figures and decorations are fondant/gumpaste. Both tiers were banana cake with vanilla italian meringue buttercream. I used Warren Brown's Mr Banana Legs recipe from Cake Love. AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. Jodie, Thank you so much for this cake everyone loved it! All the teenagers were amazed at how great it tasted. It was eaten all up with serious gusto! And all the pokemon characters where great all the boys knew who they were :) Gabe felt it was the highlight of his 16th birthday thank you for helping make it unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete